Regional Workshop on the 2020 World Programme on Population and Housing Censuses: International Standards and Contemporary Technologies
Relevant experts from selected National Statistics Offices (NSOs) of the OIC member countries and experts from regional and international organisations will attend the event.
The objectives of the Workshop are to help OIC countries to achieve a common and improved understanding of the process of adopting new technologies/methodologies in conducting population and housing censuses and collecting data according to internationally recommended definitions and classifications.
The 4-day Workshop will cover the following substantive topics:
- Essential features, basic definitions, census methodologies and topics
- Key considerations for planning and management of census operations
- Planning and implementing a census geospatial programme
- Adoption of electronic data collection technologies
- Management Information System
- Data processing with a focus on editing process and applications
The Workshop will also provide a platform to discuss good practices among OIC member countries and the potential challenges and risks that have to be taken into consideration for the successful adoption of contemporary technologies in censuses.